The Paddlesport Instructor is an entry level British Canoeing qualification.
The qualification will support the instructor with practical skills such as kitting up a group and getting afloat, initial familiarisation activities, games and activities to support learning and how to use mini journeys to support learning, inspire adventure and exploration. This will be enhanced with support on how these sessions can be delivered in a way that is enjoyable, safe and rewarding.
The Paddlesport Instructor qualification is designed for instructors running paddlesport taster/starter sessions within the safety management systems of clubs, centres or other organisations in:
- Very Sheltered Water environments
- Craft deemed suitable for a first-time experience
The process of completing the qualification aims to help prepare candidates for their first paddlesport instructing role: ‘primed and ready’.
Prior to attending this course you need to have the following in place:
- Full National Association Delivery Centre membership
- National Association Delivery Centre registration
- Foundation Safety and Rescue Training course qualification
- Relevant Personal paddling and rescue competence
You will receive:
- Tailored training and support
- Two (2) days of training
- Relevant equipment and craft/boats
Please contact us for latest availablity
£150.00 per person (min. age 14+)